Tuesday, December 31, 2013

on this New Year



Why do we celebrate new years? New Years.

We are blessed with existing on a planet that revolves around a star in a definable time frame. 

That is all.

I took a class on it. Scientifically, we could be on a planet that ends up crashing into our star before we EVER evolutionarily make our mark on this universe. 

But out genetic sprawl ended up HERE. 

On earth. With a capital E. 

We are here.  

And on this Eve of our Revolution we are meant to REDEFINE ourselves. 

How can we make this UNIVERSAL mistake (or blessing) better with our own existence?

So many of us can make things better. It's not up to the Divinity of God. Or the blessings of genetics. We are meant to make this Earth, our given home, OUR space. Without mistake. Better.

THIS IS OUR SPACE TO DEFINE. 
 
Heart-breakingly, my beloved loves, this is our space to define. 

In this, "2014"th year I ask that you, my beloved loves, define this space with artistic endeavor. I plead with you, my Loves, to sprawl this Space with all that you have to Offer.
Music. Art. Image. Word. Dance. Your own poetry.  It is all SO needed in OUR Space.
My loves, I only ask that you bring more love into our Unloved Space. 

Because, in this "2014"th year... my dear, we ALL know this universe (this space) is worth SO MUCH MORE that what has been received.
Give back with all your heart, my poets, my friends, my family, MY ARTISTS...

With the strength in which you helped define one broken individual...
please, my loves, define this Beloved Space with all that you have to Offer.

1 comment:

I went to a poetry reading at Cafe Mayapan , in El Paso Texas. A poetry scene exists here. But I’ve been slunking around the city, cau...